Helsinki Layover Tour to Nature and City Center
This private tour to Nuuksio National Park and Helsinki city center is for people having a long layover at Helsinki Airport. You get to see both Finland’s nature as well as the capital’s downtown.
I’ll pick you up from the airport’s doors, take you to the national park to experience the forest and the lakes, drive to Helsinki for a walk to see some attractions and have dinner, after which I’ll take you back to the airport. You can bring your luggage with you.
You can borrow all outdoor clothing you need during the hike in nature so that your travel clothes won’t get dirty or smell of smoke.
The tour requires a long layover. I recommend having at least around 7 to 8 hours outside the airport to do this tour, maximum duration of the tour is 12 hours.
This all inclusive tour covers everything you need. Step in to my minibus, I’ll take care of everything else.
We hike responsibly and respect the nature. We leave only footprints behind.
Partner of Metsähallitus, Parks & Wildlife Finland
Destination: Nuuksio National Park & Helsinki city center, Finland
City center attractions: according to your wishes
Availability: every day, all year
Duration: one day (up to 12 hours)
Group size: private, one to four plus guide
Family friendly: yes
Transport: pickup from Helsinki airport or anywhere in Helsinki Metropolitan Area
Start time: whenever you want
Food and drinks: hike in Nuuksio: everything’s included, city center: at your own cost
Outdoor clothing: everything’s included for every weather
❤ Who’s This Tour For
- You want to see both the Finnish nature and Helsinki city center on your layover.
- You want it easy. No planning, preparation, maps and routes or timetables.
- You want to use the little time you have in Finland efficiently.
- You want to split your time between nature and the city, otherwise you can book a tour in Nuuksio National Park.
✔ What You Get
- Easiest way to do a layover tour. I’ll be your personal driver to the national park, from there to the city center and back to the airport.
- Visit to Nuuksio National Park’s best, quiet places.
- You can borrow outdoor clothing for every weather, your travel clothes won’t get dirty.
- You get to see the city center and a selection of it’s attractions.
- Food and snacks for the hike.
- Eat whatever you want in the city center at your own cost.
- Seasonal activities in nature: pick berries, swim, birdwatch, snowshoe.
- See the city attractions according to your wishes, we’ll work together to see what’s open when you happen to be here.
✘ What You Don’t Get
- Everything that’s possible in nature or city center, you have limited time and open hours in small shops and attractions are limited.
- Entrance fees, food or drinks in the city center are not included in the price.
Attractions in the City Center
You can wish to see specific attractions on the booking form or you can ask about them and what’s open when you’re here in advance, with the message form below.
Many attractions close early, like around 5 P.M., and some others like the central library Oodi are open later.
Small specialist and tourist shops usually close early, but you can find souvenirs from many places in the city center.
I recommend walking in the city center to see few select attractions and not to try and see everything in the short amount of time you have here. We’ll also drive past many attractions on the way to the center and on the way back to the airport.
Entrance fees to attractions are not included in the price.
Finnish Food in the City Center
If you want to eat Finnish food while in Helsinki, you can wish for specific foods in the booking form or you can ask about them in advance with the message form below. We can choose the suitable restaurant together.
There are several options for restaurants with varying levels of fanciness and prices.
For example a salmon soup is around 15 to 20 euros and a wine or a beer with it is 5 to 10 euros.
Food and drinks in the city center are at your own cost. Lunch and snacks on the hike in nature are included.
Ask Me Anything
If there’s anything you want to know more about, just send me a message from the form below or on WhatsApp. I will use your phone number or email only for answering, not for anything else, so you don’t need to worry about getting spammed if you contact me.
Send a message from this form, I will reply to your email address.
This price includes everything else on the tour but NOT eating in the city center or any entrance fees to attractions, which are at your own cost.
My prices are for adults, your under 18 year old children can come with you for free on day tours!
170 € / person
In case you want the layover tour today or tomorrow, please contact me.
There is no booking fee, you only pay after the tour. You trust me with taking you away from the airport for your layover, I trust you to respect your booking, or at least cancel well in advance.
Cancel or Change Your Booking at Any Time
You can cancel your booking at any time, no questions asked, or change any of the information on the booking form, including the date of your tour, by contacting me through email or WhatsApp.
You can only pay after the tour, so you know what you are paying for. You can pay with cash or with any of the following payment cards:
- American Express
- Visa Electron
- Diners Club
- China Union Pay
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay